A recipe for dairy and indulgent shakshuka baked in the oven
When you're trying to think of what you can prepare in as little time and effort as possible while maximizing the deliciousness, a baked shakshuka with a dairy twist that sets it apart from ordinary shakshuka - it will do the job for your lunch or dinner (and some might even say breakfast).
Servings: 6 | Dairy
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 small onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups spicy tomato sauce
4 fresh basil leaves, chopped
1 teaspoon chili flakes
Salt and black pepper to taste
113 grams mozzarella, cut into slices
Note: It is recommended to use a skillet that can also be used in the oven. You don't have one? Use a regular skillet, and before the baking step, transfer the sauce to an oven-safe dish.
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
2. Heat olive oil in a skillet and sauté the chopped onion for 5 minutes, then add the minced garlic and sauté for an additional minute.
3. Add the tomato sauce, basil, and chili, and season with salt and black pepper. To make the shakshuka spicier, you can add more chili. Bring the sauce to a boil, and as soon as it starts bubbling, remove it from the fire.
4. Carefully, crack the eggs into the sauce in the skillet and scatter the mozzarella slices between them.
5. Transfer the skillet to the preheated oven and bake for 8-10 minutes or until the eggs are done.
Serving suggestion: Garnish with chopped basil and serve hot.