IDF Eliminates Hamas Terrorist Who Took Part in October 7 Massacre
Forces of the 188th Brigade identified the terrorist approaching their positions in southern Gaza. An IAF airstrike, guided by ground troops, eliminated him.

Forces of the 188th Brigade combat team operating in the southern Gaza Strip eliminated a Hamas terrorist on Monday after he crossed the Yellow Line and approached their positions in a manner that posed an imminent threat, the IDF said. An Israeli Air Force strike, guided by ground forces, killed the terrorist and removed the threat.
According to the IDF Spokesperson, forces identified the terrorist the moment he crossed the Yellow Line, the ceasefire boundary demarcating Israeli military control from areas still under Hamas presence, and began advancing toward IDF positions. The strike was carried out immediately following the identification.
The IDF confirmed that the terrorist had participated in the October 7, 2023 massacre on Simchat Torah and had recently been attempting to carry out terror attacks against Israeli forces operating in the area. His elimination, the military said, represents another "closing of the circle" with the perpetrators of the October 7 atrocity. The terrorist's name was not released.
Part of an ongoing campaign against October 7 perpetrators
The killing is part of a sustained IDF effort to track and eliminate terrorists who participated in the October 7 attacks and remain active in Gaza. Last week, the IDF and Shin Bet announced the elimination of Hamza Sharabasi, a commander in Hamas's Shejaiya Battalion, who had infiltrated Israeli territory on October 7 and taken part in the assault on the Nahal Oz military outpost, where dozens of soldiers were killed and kidnapped. The same strike also killed Azzam al-Hayya, a member of Hamas's elite Nukhba force and the son of Hamas chief negotiator Khalil al-Hayya.
On May 15, Israeli forces eliminated Izz al-Din al-Haddad, the head of Hamas's military wing in Gaza and the highest-ranking Hamas commander in the Strip. Al-Haddad, described by the IDF as a central architect of the October 7 massacre, had survived at least six previous assassination attempts and had held a number of Israeli hostages personally in captivity during the war.
The Yellow Line and the ceasefire
The Yellow Line runs the length of the Gaza Strip and was established as part of the October 2025 ceasefire agreement that halted major fighting between Israel and Hamas. It demarcates the areas under IDF control from those still accessible to Hamas. The IDF has stated that it will continue to respond to any crossing of the line that poses a threat to its forces, regardless of the ceasefire framework. IDF Chief of Staff Lt.-Gen. Eyal Zamir has described the Yellow Line as Israel's de facto new border in Gaza.
The 188th Armored Brigade has been deployed in southern Gaza since late 2025, when it replaced the Kfir Infantry Brigade. In addition to eliminating threats along the Yellow Line, the brigade has been dismantling Hamas tunnel infrastructure in the Khan Yunis area in cooperation with the elite Yahalom combat engineering unit.